Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Remembering the 1930's

No, I don't remember the 1930's but I've been invited to give another workshop at the Smithsonian American Art Museum for their Family Day: Remembering the 1930's on May 9th, from 12 - 4 in the Kogod Courtyard. http://americanart.si.edu/calendar/exhibition/ This event coincides with a current show at the museum and will be lots of fun for the whole family. The one I did last year related to an Ansel Adams/ Georgia O'Keeffe show. I helped kids of all ages make prints of everything from cactus leaves to feathers. There was also live music and a photo safari. This year, we will be printing quilt squares. Quilting was very popular in the Depression years. People were looking for comfort in an uncertain time and for a return to the skills of the past to cope with the realities of their present. Come join me on the day and bring the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment