Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mini-malism


I'm getting ready for our small works show at the studio, which normally falls around the holiday season. This year, we are calling it Mini-Malism. Each artist in my studio is making 4 3" x 3" prints with a subject and technique of her own choosing. I've been playing around with collagraphs. My first few attempts at collagraphs were quite successful so I though I would revisit the medium. The problem is that the blocks are so pretty that I'm hesitant to smear a bunch of black etching ink on them now. I may just have to keep them for a while and look at them!
Don't miss Mini-Malism at the Torpedo Factory Art Center, Studio 325, from November 1-December 31, 2009. We're open from 11-6 most days.

1 comment:

  1. Those are pretty indeed! I would love to see what the prints made from them will look like as its hard for me to imagine. By the way, Eric and I loved your appearance on tv!

    ReplyDelete