Wednesday, January 18, 2017

I feel a need... a need to bead!

 About a week ago, we had six inches of snow fall. Usually, our snow goes away in a day or two, but this time it arrived with an arctic blast of cold air and hung around for a while.

There are two things I like to do when I'm snowed in for a few days, BAKE and BEAD. Baking didn't fit in well with my New Year's Resolutions so I dragged out the bead loom and spent a glorious few days laying out colors and trying different ideas and patterns. I have a pretty decent collection of Delica beads, size 11, which work great my loom and give me a wonderful palette from which to choose.

The catch for these two bracelets is a new idea that was inspired by something I saw on Etsy. It's made of 14 gauge copper wire and two copper beads which I had on hand. It slides through pockets which I created on the ends of the bracelet and it appears to function well. I like that it's a little different from everything else I've been trying.

The snow has since melted and it's quite spring-like outside, prompting me to put away my bead loom now for another day. Come back, winter. I was just starting to enjoy you!

No comments:

Post a Comment